Your Advocate For Felonies And Misdemeanor Charges In Corpus Christi And South Texas
The distinction between felonies and misdemeanors is essential to grasp. At my law firm, Law Office of John D. Garcia, PLLC, I strive to provide you with the skilled legal representation you need to navigate these complex matters efficiently.
A Closer Look At Misdemeanors
Misdemeanors are typically less serious offenses but still require diligent legal attention. Common types of misdemeanors include:
- DWI (driving while intoxicated): Being charged with DWI can have serious consequences, including fines and license suspension. It’s crucial to address this issue promptly.
- Assault: Assault charges can arise from a variety of situations. Skilled legal representation can help you navigate these cases effectively.
- Theft: Encompassing a range of offenses, from shoplifting to property theft, prompt legal action is crucial in addressing these allegations.
- Drug possession: Being caught with controlled substances can lead to drug possession charges. Effective legal counsel can help you understand your options.
- Domestic violence: Charges related to domestic violence require careful handling to protect your rights and reputation.
While the potential penalties are smaller than felonies, a misdemeanor can significantly impact your career and other goals.
Felonies are more serious crimes with potentially severe penalties. Felonies include:
- Drug trafficking charges can lead to lengthy prison sentences and hefty fines. Timely legal intervention is vital.
- Aggravated assault charges involve severe bodily harm or the use of a deadly weapon. Aggressive legal defense is crucial in these cases.
- Burglary charges can result from unlawful entry into a building or residence. Building a strong defense is essential.
- Robbery charges involve using force or intimidation to take property from another person. Protecting your rights is paramount.
- Homicide charges, including manslaughter and murder, carry the most severe consequences. Effective legal representation is critical to navigating these cases.
It is important to be aware of prosecutorial practices like “overcharging,” where individuals are charged with a more serious crime than the evidence supports. In such cases, skilled legal counsel can help ensure a fair outcome.
Do Not Talk To Police Alone
One significant mistake people make when facing criminal charges or investigations is talking to the police without a skilled legal advocate. If you find yourself in a situation involving law enforcement, remember not to say anything before contacting an experienced attorney.
No matter the nature of your criminal charges, I am here to provide you with a free consultation. Contact me online or call 361-687-2797 today to discuss your case and explore your legal options. Let me be your legal advocate in Corpus Christi or South Texas.